MRWA HAS APPROVED THE USE OF CHS POSTS SECURED ON ZERO WASTE FOUNDATIONS VIEW ANNEXURE 601
“ Our selection is not based on price alone, we also took into consideration the safety & saving aspects. ZERO WASTE Foundations allow quick replacement of posts with no further effort required to the base, (providing a significant cost benefit in replacing the damaged sign post by re-using the existing footing ) and reduces risk of injury to employees by reducing time spent on traffic islands exposed to traffic.” MAIN ROADS DEPT
SPECIFICATION SIGNAGE 601 EXTRACT
1. Sign support dimensions shall be in accordance with Drawing Nos 8720-0657, 0330- 1686, 0330-1687 and 0330-1688 and the post schedules shown on the sign drawings.
2. CHS Posts approved for all regions
3. Circular Hollow Section (CHS) signposts must be secured using an approved fixing device as specified in Annexure 601G (Smart Taper - ZERO WASTE Foundations)
4. Flexible sign posts and / or mounting bases may be used for single post signs vulnerable to impact.
Approved fixing devices are specified in Annexure 601G
Flexible Sign Posts are defined as sign posts which deflects when impacted by a vehicle and then returns to a vertical position, without maintenance intervention. Flexible sign posts may only be used for the installation of signs that are mounted near the nose of a traffic island. The height from the ground to the top of the sign shall not exceed 1.2m. This application may typically be applied to the following signs:
5. Removable Sign Posts are defined as sign posts which enables the posts to be removed and reinstated from their base with specially designed tools without damaging either the base or post, Removable sign posts shall be used, where specified, for all removable signs on High-Wide Load corridor routes.
Removable sign posts may also be used in locations where signs are frequently hit and the removable post design enables the post to be replaced using the existing footing. Alternative types of removable sign posts used shall be as specified in Annexure 601G (Smart Taper - ZERO WASTE Foundations)
> CLICK HERE TO VIEW MRWA LATEST SPECIFICATIONS 601 ONLINE